4000 young children fall from windows every year in the UK.
2 have died in Liverpool within the last 6 months.
- Never place anything under windows that they can use to climb on.
- Make sure family, friends and neighbours are window safety aware.
- Put exposed or dangling cords out of reach
- On hot days close and lock all windows and draw your curtains or pull down blinds to keep cool.
- For replacement windows use safety glass that has passed BS 6206/BS EN 12600 impact tests
- Fit child resistant window restrictors/safety restrictor locks that have been designed and manufactured to ISO 9001 quality management or equivalent.
- Most housing associations fit and repair window locks- get in touch with yours today.
- Your local children’s centre is there to help you with all aspects of home safety.
- To book on to a home safety course please call 01512336870
CLOSE THEM, LOCK THEM AND KEEP YOUNG CHILDREN AWAY FROM WINDOWS AT ALL TIMES!